Saturday, January 23, 2016

Rest & Recovery


Hello Lovelies. My name is Jordan Nicole. Today I am restricted to my bed in an attempt to get over being poorly. I knew I was going downhill earlier this week so I went to the doctor to try and get ahead of it. That was obviously not successful seeing as I am in bed for the weekend. I am aware that I need to rest in order to get better but in the time I've been in my bed I have only gotten worse. I hate being stuck in my bed and it is even harder to stay sitting here when I'm not getting any better. I've cheated quite a bit with cleaning and tidying up my apartment but I need to keep my sanity over here!

In the responsible part of my brain I understand that being stuck in my bed for the entire weekend is going to make my life much easier come Monday... but in the childish part of my brain I just want to get out of bed and go frolic through some fields. I'm sure the pollen would do wonders for my health! The weather has been so gorgeous and the little glimpses I have gotten make me sad that I can't take advantage of the beautiful days before the icky winter weeks come upon us. We are nearly to the last week of January/first week of February and where I'm from that means bad news weather wise.. most of the time at least. Our weather has some personality issues but I'm hoping the therapy might help.

Back to the fact that I am going crazy trying to not be sick anymore. I've always had a hard time with being sick because I don't like to be stuck somewhere. I also am not patient about it. When I start taking medicine I want to instantly feel better. I basically set myself up for disappointment because obviously medicine does not work this way. Why haven't we gotten to that point, by the way? I need magical medical cures researchers, please and thank you. Some of my problems with being sick might stem from my issues with letting other people help me. I broke my foot this past summer and it was one of the most difficult things I've been through, not from the pain which really was awful, but from the dependency it brought into my life. I want to be the caregiver, not the patient. I'm working on that trait.

To top off the fact that I feel horrible and am stuck in bed, I also happened to get my period this week as well. That was just a cruel joke from the universe. Why do I have to add cramps and sore boobs to my congested, head pressure filled body? I am pushing through all of this of course, I just needed a little venting session. I also thought I could ask for any advice on way to accept being stuck in bed for the duration of my sickness. Any ideas? How do y'all push through getting sick? If I don't come up with any new ideas pretty soon then I may be getting out of this apartment and just ignoring being sick for the last day of the weekend!

Hopefully this sickness clears my system fairly soon. Until then...

I'm not there yet, but I'm on my way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 photo envye.jpg
envye blogger theme